Department of Agricultural Education
A questionnaire was designed to determine:
(1) the number of departments placing students in off-farm agricultural cooperative occupational experience programs including the number of students involved, type of occupational placement, how they were enrolled in the related classroom instruction;
(2) the school and community resources including the instructor's time, adequacy of the vocational agriculture room, and identified or estimated number of training stations;
(3) vocational agriculture instructors' attitude toward off-farm programs including the instructor' s opinion of the sufficiency of numbers for the program, their contacts with local agri-businessmen concerning training stations, their explanation of program to superintendent, principal, board, and businessmen, their use of local advisory groups, and their plans to start work in the off-farm agricultural occupations area;
(4) teacher' s evaluation of expressed student interest in off-farm agriculture occupations;
(5) the reaction of administrators and local school boards to teacher explanations of off-farm supervised occupational experience programs, and
(6) questions asked by or of the instructors.
vocational agricultural education programs, agricultural vocationial interships
South Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station, South Dakota State University
Leske, G. W., "Pilot Programs in Off-Farm Agricultural Occupations" (1973). Research Bulletins of the South Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (1887-2011). 617.