Thesis - Open Access
Master of Science (MS)
Richard C. Shane
The general objective of this study was to estimate an economic value for water used for irrigation in the Big Sioux and Vermillion River Basins of eastern South Dakota. The accomplishment of the following specific goals led to the achievement of the primary objective:
1. to derive irrigated crop production budgets from primary data for each river basin,
2. to develop net returns for 1977 per irrigated composite acre net in each river basin,
3. to develop dryland composite acre net returns for 1977,
4. to develop and compare dryland and irrigated crop production budgets and composite acre net returns for the period 1970-1977, and
5. to obtain an estimate of water's value in agricultural production.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
Water-supply, Agricultural -- Economic aspects -- South Dakota
Irrigation -- Economic aspects -- South Dakota
Number of Pages
South Dakota State University
Everson, Curtis Alan, "An Estimation of the Economic Value of Water Used for Irrigation in Eastern South Dakota" (1979). Electronic Theses and Dissertations. 4983.