boys girls club work, 4-h club work, 4-h swine club record book
Agricultural Extension Service, South Dakota State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts
Regulations of the Club
1. Any boy or girl between the ages of 10 to 18 years, inclusive, may enter.
2. Enrollments close November 1.
3. Each club shall consist of at least five members.
4. Each member shall procure a purebred brood-sow of his own selection, breed and care for her and her litter according to instructions.
5. Each member will receive instructions each month from the assistant state club leaders and extension specialists relative to the care and feeding of the sow and litter.
6. Each member does his work, follows instructions, keeps a record, and makes reports. At the close of the project he makes his final report and writes a story.
7. An exhibit shall consist of two pigs from the litter, same' sex, accompanied by record, reports, and written story.
8. With th8 same exhibit a member is entitled to compete for community, county, and state honors.
9. Community or county sales will be held on or before December 1st to dispose of surplus stock.
This item is in the public domain.
Larsen, C., "Boys' and Girls' Club Work: Sow-Litter Club Record Book" (1918). SDSU Extension Circulars. 14.