boys girls club work, 4-h club work, 4-h potato club record book
Agricultural Extension Service, South Dakota State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts
Regulations of the Club
1. Any junior 10 to 18 years inclusive may enter.
2. Each club shall have at least five members and a local leader.
3. Enrollments close May 1.
4. Each member plants, cares for and markets the potatoes from his plot.
5. Size of plot, minimum % acre, maximum 5 acres.
6. Instructions relative to seed selection, treatment for diseases, preparation of the ground, planting, care, harvesting and storage, will be sent to each member by the State Club Leader.
7. Each member does his work, follows instructions, keeps a careful record, and makes reports as called for. At the close of the project he makes his final report and writes a story.
8. Any exhibit recommended by the County Agent or Club Leader is eligible to entry at the State Fair.
9. An exhibit shall consist of one peck of potatoes-no more, no less.
This item is in the public domain.
Larsen, C., "Boys' and Girls' Club Work: Potato Club Record Book" (1918). SDSU Extension Circulars. 18.