boys girls club work, 4-h club work, 4-h corn club, starting a 4-h corn club, 4-h corn club judging criteria
Agricultural Extension Service, South Dakota State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts
1. Any Junior between the ages of 10 and 18 years may enter.
2. Enrollments close May 1.
3. A club shall consist of not less than five members and local leader.
4. Each member shall plant not less than one acre.
5. Not more than o::rn breed of corn shall be planted by a club member.
6. Letters of instruction will be sent to each member regarding the testing of seed corn, preparation of the ground, planting, care, selection and care of seed and selection for exhibit purposes.
7. Periodical reports are to be made as called for by State Club Leader.
8. Each member does his work, follows instructions, keeps a good record and writes a story of his work prior to the closing of the project.
9. An exhibit shall consist of ten ears.
10. An exhibit will be held in each county or for each club to determine the exhibits eligible to entry at the State Corn and Grain Show.
This item is in the public domain.
Larsen, C., "Boys' and Girls' Club Work: Corn Club" (1918). SDSU Extension Circulars. 23.