Dates of Collection
- SSReg is open-source software (coded in C) for precise automatic registration of two Sentinel-2 L1C acquisitions including all 10 m, 20 m and 60 m bands.
- Version 1.1 is a Linux version and includes source codes, manual and test data.
- Major functionalities of the software:
- Image registration supporting translation, affine and 2nd order polynomial transformations.
- Classic implementation of least-squares matching (LSM) with up to 0.02 pixel matching accuracy on medium-spatial-resolution optical-wavelength remote sensing images, including Landsat and Sentinel 2.
- Implementation of the LSM-based depth-first mismatch detection.
- The development and release of this open-source software is funded by NASA grant NNX17AB34G, and will be undertaken over two years from Nov. 2016 to Nov. 2018 with a phased software delivery.
- A Landsat-8 Sentinel-2 registration code will be made available in the future.
- A Windows version of the SSReg software working on general single-band binary images is also available upon request.
An automated approach for sub-pixel registration of Landsat-8 Operational Land Imager (OLI) and Sentinel-2 Multi Spectral Instrument (MSI) imagery. Remote Sensing, 8(6), 520
Copyright © 2017 Lin Yan, David Roy The software cannot be used for commercial purposes without permission from the developers.
Yan, L., Roy, D.P., Zhang, H.K., Li, J., Huang, H. (2016). An automated approach for sub-pixel registration of Landsat-8 Operational Land Imager (OLI) and Sentinel-2 Multi Spectral Instrument (MSI) imagery. Remote Sensing, 8(6), 520; (http://www.mdpi.com/2072-4292/8/6/520).