The Routledge Companion to Inter-American Studies
Editor: Wilfried Raussert
Contributing author: Luz Angélica Kirschner
Luz Angélica Kirschner is a contributing author, “Expanding Latinidad: A Hemispheric Perspective.”
Book description: n essential overview of this blossoming field, The Routledge Companion to Inter-American Studies is the first collection to draw together the diverse approaches and perspectives on the field, highlighting the importance of Inter-American Studies as it is practiced today. Including contributions from canonical figures in the field as well as a younger generation of scholars, reflecting the foundation and emergence of the field and establishing links between older and newer methodologies, this Companion covers:
- Theoretical reflections
- Colonial and historical perspectives
- Cultural and political intersections
- Border discourses
- Sites and mobilities
- Literary and linguistic perspectives
- Area studies, global studies, and postnational studies
- Phenomena of transfer, interconnectedness, power asymmetry, and transversality within the Americas.
Raussert, Wilfried and Kirschner, Luz Angélica, "The Routledge Companion to Inter-American Studies" (2017). Modern languages and Global Studies Faculty Books. 10.