The Traveling Marathoner
Whether you've finally qualified for Boston, you're debuting in Chicago, or you can't resist the urge to run 26.2 miles through balmy Honolulu breezes, this book will help you and your cheering section plan an unforgettable marathon vacation—at any time of the year, to any part of the country.
All the race basics
• Contacts and registration info
• Course descriptions, route maps, and race-day insights
• Where to carbo-load
• Strategies for spectators—the best viewing spaces and breakfast places
All the travel basics
• Orientation info and maps
• Hotels with great race-weekend rates and amenities
• Top sights to see, regardless of how your legs feel
• Great places for a well-earned foot rub
Allen, Elise, "The Traveling Marathoner" (2006). Prairie Striders Library Collection. 311.