Pedology CD 05-08
This file contains 94 images from 1939 for Spink County, SD.
The photos are from Spink (1939 Field Notes + Soil Lines) County, SD. No index map was prepared for the photos. The original photo scales were 1:15,840 or 4.0 inches = 1 mile and 1:20,000 or 3.2 inches = 1 mile. The inventory of images does not represent coverage of the entire county. The images contained in this file represent part of the air photo collection for Spink County, SD that the South Dakota State University (SDSU) Pedology Project had on June 2005.
The structure of the file is as follows:
- There is a file folder for the county (e.g., Spink).
- Within the county folder there is a folder for the year and month of the air photos (e.g., 1939Sep).
- Within the year folder there are files for each photo scanned. The images are identified by the code used on the original photo/image. There is a county ID, a flight ID, and a photo ID on each air photo and that is what was used to name the image (e.g., CBX-1-208).
- The original photo ID information was scanned with the photo (top of the image). The photo ID location represents either the west or north side of the image.
- Spink County, SD photo code – CBX.
South Dakota State University
Department, Plant Science, "Spink County, SD Air Photos (1939 Field Notes + Soil Lines)" (2005). South Dakota Counties Aerial Photos Collection. 56.