Pedology CD 01-1
This file contains 13 images from 1951 for Kingsbury County, SD.
No index map was prepared for the photos. The scale of the original photos was 1:20,000 or 3.17 inches = 1 mile. The inventory of images does not represent coverage of an entire county. The images contained in this file represent the air photo collection for the named county that the SDSU Pedology project had on July 2001.
The structure of the files on the CD is as follows:
- There is a file folder for each county (e.g. Brookings).
- Within each county there are folders for the years and months of the air photos (e.g. 1951Jun).
- Within each year folder there are files for each photo scanned. The images are identified by the code used on the original photo/image. There is a county ID, a flight ID, and a photo ID on each air photo and that is what was used to name the image (e.g. VU-1H-111). (MORE)
- Where possible, the original photo ID information was scanned with the photo (left [west] side of the image).
- Where more than one scan of an image was needed to cover all the image, the image ID was followed by an additional set of letters to indicate what part of the image the scan represents (e.g. VU-1H-111BTM – bottom of image VU-1H-111).
- Kingsbury County photo code – VT.
South Dakota State University
Department, Plant Science, "Kingsbury County, SD Air Photos (1951)" (2001). South Dakota Counties Aerial Photos Collection. 7.