Pedology CD 04-44
This file contains 138 images from 1939 for Jerauld County, SD.
The photos are from Jerauld (1939 Field Notes/Soil Lines Part B and Township Maps) County, SD. No index map was prepared for the photos. The scale of the original photos was 1:15,840 or 4.00 inches = 1 mile and 1:36,200 or 1.75 inches = 1 mile on township maps. The inventory of images does not represent coverage of the entire county. The images contained in this file represent part of the air photo collection for Jerauld County, SD that the South Dakota State University (SDSU) Pedology Project had on July 2004.
The structure of the file is as follows:
- There is a file folder for the county (e.g., Jerauld).
- Within the county folder there is a folder for the year and month of the air photos (e.g., 1939Jul).
- Within the year folder there are files for each photo scanned. The images are identified by the code used on the original photo/image. There is a county ID, a flight ID, and a (MORE) photo ID on each air photo and that is what was used to name the image (e.g., CBS-2-4).
- Where possible, the original photo ID information was scanned with the photo (top or left side of the image).
- Where more than one scan of an image was needed to scan all the image, the image ID was followed by an additional set of letters to indicate what part of the image the scan represents (e.g., CBS-2-6L and CBS 2-6R = left and right of image CBS-2-6).
- Jerauld County, SD photo code – CBS.
South Dakota State University
Department, Plant Science, "Jerauld County, SD Air Photos (1939 Field Notes/Soil Lines Part B and Township Maps)" (2004). South Dakota Counties Aerial Photos Collection. 79.