Pedology CD 01-01
This file contains 109 images from 1940 and 94 images from 1951 for Brookings County, SD.
The photos are from the 1940s and 1950s. No index map was prepared for the photos. The scale of the original photos was 1:20,000 or 3.17 inches = 1 mile. The inventory of images does not represent coverage of an entire county. The images contained in this file represent the air photo collection for the named county that the SDSU Pedology project had on July 2001.
The structure of the file is as follows:
- There is a file folder for each county (e.g. Brookings).
- Within each county there are folders for the years and months of the air photos (e.g. 1951Jun).
- Within each year folder there are files for each photo scanned. The images are identified by the code used on the original photo/image. There is a county ID, a flight ID, and a photo ID on each air photo and that is what was used to name the image (e.g. VU-1H-111). (MORE)
- Where possible, the original photo ID information was scanned with the photo (left [west] side of the image).
- Where more than one scan of an image was needed to cover all the image, the image ID was followed by an additional set of letters to indicate what part of the image the scan represents (e.g. VU-1H-111BTM – bottom of image VU-1H-111).
- Brookings County photo code – VU.
South Dakota State University
Department, Plant Science, "Brookings County SD Air Photos (1940 and 1951)" (2001). South Dakota Counties Aerial Photos Collection. 8.