Guidelines for Restoring and Creating Wetlands Associated with Highway Projects in South Dakota
Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
This booklet helps you understand the:
• biological, hydrological, and soil factors that define a wetland.
• need for wetland mitigation and regulations.
• services and functions your wetland will provide society.
• design features that engineers should consider for:
1) restored wetlands made by plugging a ditch or breaking drainage tile,
2) embankment wetlands made by building a dam in a watercourse, and
3) excavated wetlands made by excavating a depression in a level area.
highway projects wetlands creation, wetland restoration
South Dakota Experiment Station, South Dakota State University
Berry, C. R. and Juni, S. C., "Guidelines for Restoring and Creating Wetlands Associated with Highway Projects in South Dakota" (2000). Research Bulletins of the South Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (1887-2011). 737.