Thesis - Open Access
Master of Science (MS)
It was the results of this survey at hand that the author was motivated to do the following study, the purposes of which are:
- To determine the physical fitness index of all incoming freshman men at South Dakota State College for the school year of 1956-57.
- To compare the physical fitness index of the studenst from rural communities with that of thpose coming from urban communites.
- To determine the physical fitness index of the students enrolled in thhe various divisions of the college.
- To compare the physical fitness index of the students lacking ophysical education in high school with those who had completed a physical education program.
- To determine the physical fitness index of various age levels found among the freshman men.
- To then compare the physical fitness index of these various groups as measured at the beginning of the school term with the index obtained after a year of service course physical education at South Dakota State College.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
South Dakota State College. Dept. of Physical Education and Recreation
Includes bibliographical references (pages 30-31)
Number of Pages
South Dakota State University
No Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Only
Prins, James Jr., "The Effect of Three Quarters of Service Course Physical Education Upon the Physical Fitness of Male Freshmen at South Dakota State College" (1957). Electronic Theses and Dissertations. 2403.