Dates of Collection
- LSReg is open-source software (coded in C) for precise automatic registration of Landsat-8 (L8) Collection-1 and Sentinel-2 (S2) Level 1C products, including L8<->S2, S2<->S2 and L8<->L8.
- Version 2.0 is a Linux version. The main download includes the source codes and manual.The “Additional Files” include the test data and the outputs generated from the test data by LSReg 2.0.
- Major functionalities of the software:
- Flexibility in handling input/output images resolutions and spatial coverages.
- Image registration supporting translation, affine and 2nd order polynomial transformations.
- Classic implementation of least-squares matching (LSM) with up to 0.02 pixel matching accuracy on medium-spatial-resolution optical-wavelength remote sensing images, including Landsat and Sentinel 2.
- Implementation of the LSM-based depth-first mismatch detection.
- The development and release of this open-source software is funded by NASA grant NNX17AB34G, and will be undertaken over two years from Nov. 2016 to Nov. 2018 with a phased software delivery.
Main download (source codes and manual): 90 KB
Copyright © 2018 Lin Yan, David Roy
Yan, L., Roy, D.P., Zhang, H.K., Li, J., Huang, H. (2016). An automated approach for sub-pixel registration of Landsat-8 Operational Land Imager (OLI) and Sentinel-2 Multi Spectral Instrument (MSI) imagery. Remote Sensing, 8(6), 520; (http://www.mdpi.com/2072-4292/8/6/520). *Yan, L., Roy, D.P. (2018). Landsat Sentinel Registration Source Codes: Linux, version 2.0. https://openprairie.sdstate.edu/landsat_sentinel_registration/2