Dates of Collection
- LSReg is open-source software (coded in C) for precise automatic registration of Landsat-8 (L8) Collection-1 and Sentinel-2 (S2) Level 1C products, including L8S2, S2S2 and L8L8.
- Version 2.0 is a Linux version. The main download includes the source codes and manual.The “Additional Files” include the test data and the outputs generated from the test data by LSReg 2.0.
- Major functionalities of the software:
- Flexibility in handling input/output images resolutions and spatial coverages.
- Image registration supporting translation, affine and 2nd order polynomial transformations.
- Classic implementation of least-squares matching (LSM) with up to 0.02 pixel matching accuracy on medium-spatial-resolution optical-wavelength remote sensing images, including Landsat and Sentinel 2.
- Implementation of the LSM-based depth-first mismatch detection.
- The development and release of this open-source software is funded by NASA grant NNX17AB34G, and will be undertaken over two years from Nov. 2016 to Nov. 2018 with a phased software delivery.
Version 2.0.1 replaced the function memcpy() used in the software with memmove() because memcpy() was found to have unstable performance in some systems and cause abnormal registration results.
Main download (source codes and manual): 90 KB
Copyright © 2018 Lin Yan, David Roy
Yan, L., Roy, D.P., Zhang, H.K., Li, J., Huang, H. (2016). An automated approach for sub-pixel registration of Landsat-8 Operational Land Imager (OLI) and Sentinel-2 Multi Spectral Instrument (MSI) imagery. Remote Sensing, 8(6), 520; (http://www.mdpi.com/2072-4292/8/6/520). *Yan, L., Roy, D.P. (2018). Landsat Sentinel Registration Source Codes: Linux, version 2.0. https://openprairie.sdstate.edu/landsat_sentinel_registration/2