Pedology CD 03-10
This file contains 170 images from 1937 for Clay County, SD.
The photos are from Clay (1937 Part A Soil/Land Use Lines) County, SD. No index map was prepared for the photos. The scale of the original photos was 1:15,450 or 4.1 inches = 1 mile. The inventory of images does not represent coverage of the entire county. The images contained in this file represent part of the air photo collection for Clay County, SD that the South Dakota State University (SDSU) Pedology Project had on July 2003.
The structure of the file is as follows:
- There is a file folder for the county (e.g., Clay).
- Within the county folder there is a folder for the year and month of the air photos (e.g., 1937Aug).
- Within the year folder there are files for each photo scanned. The images are identified by the code used on the original photo/image. There is a county ID, a flight ID, (MORE) and a photo ID on each air photo and that is what was used to name the image (e.g., VE-1-3).
- Where possible, the original photo ID information was scanned with the photo (top of the image).
- Where more than one scan of an image was needed to scan all the image, the image ID was followed by an additional set of letters to indicate what part of the image the scan represents (e.g., VE-1-16L = left side of image VE-1-16 and VE-1-16R = right side of image VE-1-16).
- Clay County, SD photo code – VE.
South Dakota State University
Department, Plant Science, "Clay County, SD Air Photos (1937 Part A Soil/Land Use Lines)" (2003). South Dakota Counties Aerial Photos Collection. 27.