Pedology CD 05-03
This file contains 70 images from 1952 and 132 images from 1953 for Faulk County, SD.
The photos are from Faulk (1952 Part B and 1953 Part A) County, SD. No index map was prepared for the photos. The scale of the original photos was 1:20,000 or 3.17 inches = 1 mile. The inventory of images does not represent coverage of the entire county. The 202 images contained in this file represent part of the air photo collection for Faulk County, SD that the South Dakota State University (SDSU) Pedology Project had on February 2005.
The structure of the file is as follows:
- There is a file folder for the county (e.g., Faulk).
- Within the county folder there is a folder for the year and month of the air photos (e.g., 1952Nov).
- Within the year folder there are files for each photo scanned. The images are identified by the code used on the original photo/image. There is a county ID, a flight ID, and a photo ID on each air photo and that is what was used to name the image (e.g., CBN-2K-8).
- The original photo ID information was scanned with the photo (top of the image). The photo ID location represents either the west or north side of the image.
- Faulk County, SD photo code – CBN.
South Dakota State University
Department, Plant Science, "Faulk County, SD Air Photos (1952 Part B and 1953 Part A)" (2005). South Dakota Counties Aerial Photos Collection. 50.