0.63 linear feet [1 document case, 1 half document case]
Steve Marquardt was Dean of Library at South Dakota State University. This collection is composed mainly of material gathered by Marquardt in relation to independent Cuban libraries.
Steve R. Marquardt was born 1943 September 7 in St. Paul Minnesota. He received his bachelor’s degree in history from Macalester College in Minnesota, his master’s degrees in European history and library science and doctorate in the history of modern France, all from the University of Minnesota.
- Dean of Libraries, South Dakota State University, Brookings, South Dakota, 1996-
- Director of Libraries, University of Wisconsin-Eau Clair, 1990-1996
- Director of University Libraries, Northern Illinois University, 1989-1990
- Director of Libraries, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 1981-1989
- Assistant Director for Resources and Technical Services, Ohio University Library, Athens, 1979-1981
- Head Cataloger and OCLC Coordinator, Western Illinois University Library, Macomb, 1977-1979
- Acquisitions Librarian, Western Illinois University Library, Macomb, 1976-1977
- Acting University Archivist and Acting Director of the Rio Grande Historical Collections, New Mexico State University Library, Las Cruces, 1973-1974
- Original Monographic Cataloger, New Mexico State University Library, Las Cruces, 1973-1975
This collection is composed mainly of material gathered by Marquardt in relation to independent Cuban libraries. Included are articles, correspondence, and research. Also included is a small amount of campaign paraphernalia related to the presidential campaign of Bill Richardson in 2008.
SDSU Archives and Special Collections
If you have questions or would like to schedule a visit, please let us know.
Registration Form: https://www.sdstate.edu/sdsu-archives-and-special-collections/researcher-registration-form
South Dakota State University Archives and Special Collections, Hilton M. Briggs Library, Brookings, South Dakota.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). Requests to publish should be arranged with the SDSU Archives and Special Collections.
SDSU Archives and Special Collections, Hilton M. Briggs Library, "Steve Marquardt Papers" (2022). University Archives. 209.